MyMenu1

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The Short Term Change

Even though it might be against my better judgement I am going to have to get back into writing for some of the so-called content farms, guest blogging, and anything else that pays. Money is tight and if I do not do something soon then all hell will break loose. Can't have that now can we?

The problem is, and the reason why I stopped writing for these places some six months ago was because I felt it was diluting my talent. What little talent I might have that is. I felt that when I was writing various 500 word articles/essays on topics that were clearly SEO motivated I was not staying true to the reason I was writing in the first place.

Now I am not trying to say that I have some altruistic view on the world and that I am going to save everybody with my pen. No. What I am trying to say is that I at least felt that maybe I had something to say. If not that, then at least to get my stories out there. I have over 200 short stories either started, half-written, almost finished, or completed. I have been working on these for a couple years now and I wanted very badly to get these published to some degree. I thought for a while there that I was kinda on a roll. Problem is that I started having to write for money and as soon as I started doing that I got away from everything else that I was doing.

I will post an update in a couple days on how things are transpiring. If there is anything that some of you might need done or need help with let me know. I am always open for some actual writing work that can take me away from some of the dribble.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have decided to comment, please remain civil and respect everyone's dignity and that of this blog. Thank you.