MyMenu1

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Putting it out there.

Looking through the available job postings on a couple well respected "blogging" sites is rather depressing. It seems that in order to get a "staff" job writing for someone or working as a ghost writer somewhere requires a lot more than I thought. Looks like I will have to up my game a little here.

In the past I have tried to stay away from some of the personal writing that made blogging popular years ago. I was a bit more comfortable writing about generic topics or about things that I had an interest in and then researched. Lately however writing as an outlet has been a bit more helpful than I had anticipated it would be early on. I never really enjoyed airing my personal laundry on anyone, least of all the world, but sometimes it is a good thing to get it all out. Especially when the only person or thing you are facing is the white screen of a laptop. It is easier to speak my mind to a object that will not squint its eyes at me or make weird noises when I say something surprising.

There is also a sense of a sort of disconnect here. Yes, I know that after I hit "publish" it is "out there". But while I am writing everything, and while I am thinking about what to say I am faced with no response and no embarrassment. It is really easy to get things off your chest when there is nothing stopping you. Only after you have finished saying everything is there any fear of rejection or embarrassment.

Now my dog is whining. Looks like it is time for a morning walk. Hope the world enjoys my anguish for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have decided to comment, please remain civil and respect everyone's dignity and that of this blog. Thank you.