MyMenu1

Monday, September 16, 2013

Which One?

I have taken a bit of a step back of late. Most of the writing that I have done has been of the work variety. That is a good thing however and I actually wish that I had more of it. Thing is though - I need to have a certain amount of writing that I enjoyable. A certain amount of writing that I want to do. Things that when I am finished, I feel as if I did something fun. Although it might seem a bit cheesy or out there, every now and again I really enjoy the writing.

"If you love what you do you will never work a day in your life."

I do not know who said that, or even if it is a quote by a single person or just a saying in general. You don't need me to tell you that it is true. It should be obvious. Based on the context of this post, does it now beg the question; do I love what I do?

I certainly like it. But I do not love it. There are plenty of other things that I would do for work that I could say that I loved. Maybe if I made a lot more money doing what I do. Maybe then I would love it. But not now.

So then why on Earth would I even bring all of this up or start a post with this idea?

There are a lot of different jobs that a person can do. Each of us is not only good at certain tasks but we all have various things that we like to do as well. We do these things because well, we have to is we want to survive and provide for those that we love. So we go to work and we do what we need to do in order to earn money. Some of us go to school to learn various things so that we can, one day, use that knowledge in the pursuit of more money. Then of course there are those who seem to have been born with a silver spoon up their bum. Seems like everything good always happens to them. Either that or they just happen to have the financial support behind them for whatever they might want to do. They might have been born into it or it was given to them. Either way, these people have not worked for, nor have they earned anything that they now possess.

So based on that we now have two classes of people. Those who work for their money and those who are handed theirs. I guess the only question that remains now is which one are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have decided to comment, please remain civil and respect everyone's dignity and that of this blog. Thank you.