MyMenu1

Sunday, October 13, 2013

My Personal Idea Mill.

One of the things that I see as an issue with my writing is the inability I have to finish any one particular piece or idea. When I come up with a new idea I write it down in my writing app, but I never seem to finish it. I guess I should be happy that I at least write down what I have at the time, and I am. But I write the idea basically as a story. So when I do this, I end up with a bunch of stories that are all unfinished and range anywhere from 3 paragraphs to 3 pages (or more).

At this point in time I probably have around 150 of these "ideas" or "unfinished stories" - whatever you want to call them. In one respect I suppose this is a good way to not lose any ideas that spring to mind. But it can also become an organizational nightmare. So what is a writer to do?

I think the most obvious solution would be to start putting some sort of closure on each of the ideas. To go in and put an ending on each one or at least give each one what it needs to be either an idea that can be used later or something that can at some point become a story onto itself. The  only problem with something like this is the time that would be involved. This would be rather time consuming.

Another idea toyed with was to start putting them on a blog. Either on this one or start another specifically for the reason of hosting these story "pieces". The immediate problem that I can see with this possible solution would be how do I protect my intellectual property?

This is something to think about, for sure. I do think that I would gain some benefit from publishing them here or on another blog. Then again, if I could not protect what is mine then I just set myself up to fail. Big time.

Something to ponder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have decided to comment, please remain civil and respect everyone's dignity and that of this blog. Thank you.