MyMenu1

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

PS4 Headset Companion App Upload Help

Looking for a way to get your sound profiles uploaded to the headset? Look No Further!


Quick informational post for all those looking for a way to get the PS4 Headset Companion App working. At the moment there is not a whole lot of information available.

I tried all the various ways to get this thing to work and sadly it took me about 30 minutes to get it to work as it was advertised. That is not good at all. This should be a quick 1 minute process.

Basically it gives you the opportunity to have a customized sound file for various games or actions you are performing on the system when using the headset. I have the Gold Headset but this should also work with the Pulse and possibly Elite as well.

Here is the bad part about all this and something that Sony really needs to fix. When updating (uploading) sound files from whatever choices you are making from the app menu, you would assume that you could do so while using the headset wirelessly. This is how it should be. However, this is not the case. The headset MUST be plugged in to the system in order to get it to work/upload.

Another point to keep in mind. Plugging the headset in with the charging cable or another micro-USB will not work. At least from my quick testing it had to be the shot cable that originally came with the headset. Why? Not sure.. I was not even aware that these were coded somehow. Anyway.. more on that later.

So you have to plug the headset in. Turn it off and then back on again. I also turned the app off as well just for giggles. Not sure if this matters, but the headset themselves should be power-cycled for sure. After doing that I went back to  the Companion App and clicked on "Shooter" which is the profile I wanted. The corner of the "Shooter" page/icon folded over and then I went over to the left to highlight the Upload portion of the icon. I clicked the X button on the controller and it finally said "Upload Complete"!!

While this is a method that is sure to work, I am not sure if there are any alternate ones out there. As of the time of this writing this is the only way to get it going as I looked through Reddit and a couple other places for info and there was none to be found. At least none that were too helpful anyhow. If you have any questions/comments feel free. I will help if I can. Good Luck. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have decided to comment, please remain civil and respect everyone's dignity and that of this blog. Thank you.