MyMenu1

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Write For Cash! Board Full And Here Is Why!

"Never say never!" Even when I think all hope is lost, sometimes good things can still happen. For those who are familiar with me, I am a Freelance Writer like many of you. I have used my blog to write a few posts regarding the freelance writing industry (can we call it an industry?) and how we must adapt in order to continue making money. I myself am at that "I'm desperate for some cash" mode at the moment. My income is far below what it used to be and far below what it needs to be. So it should go without saying that I am someone who seeks out any and all money making opportunities. The difference between me and some other people is that I will share the wealth with you all.  :)

We Must Adapt In Order To Overcome

A while back I mentioned in a post that I shared with my friends in a Google + community how to make money utilizing a website/company that has writing work available. They were busy one month then all of a sudden the work just stopped. I for one was crushed because they were one of my main sources of constant income. Recently I have noticed some changes in the way they are operating and I wanted to make sure that I was right in my assumptions before writing about it and telling all of my Google friends.

So as it turns out, AMS or London Brokers as they are known to some, have altered the way they handle the work that is available to their writers. In the past they would just let whatever they had flow to the bulletin board for writers to grab as they saw fit. The board was rarely empty. This system worked rather well for me at least. I liked having the ability to get work from the bulletin board anytime.

Then came the dark days. For almost a month the board saw no action. There was nothing available to write. I thought that I had a decent working relationship with one of the moderators so I emailed and asked if work was ever going to return. She had told me they were working on finalizing a new contract and work would be back to normal very soon. She was right because about a week later the bulletin board was full once more. But then, after about 3 days the work was gone again!

I was perplexed. After a couple more days the work had returned again. So it went like this for a couple weeks. The work would show up, stay available for a couple days then disappear. After about a day it would return once more. It took me about a week or so but I figured out what they were doing. Or at least I think I have.

Is This The New Way?

One of the reasons that I like working for AMS so much is the way they pay. They are extremely consistent and on top of that they pay twice a week. The one drawback to their pay schedule is the time it takes place. The payments usually hit Paypal anywhere from 10pm to 1am (CST). I know some people don't like that but I am rather found of the frequency. What I found however has a lot to do with their paydays and how they do it.

I discovered that when the work disappeared it was payday. Then the next day it would return. So it seemed to me that they were making it a bit easier for them to handle their payroll. When you right an article it must first be approved (of course) before the money for it hits your account. But even after that, the money that does go to your account from the article first goes to a "pending" payment category. Then, after a little bit, the money is moved from "pending" to "active" or "ready". So there is a bit of a gap between the article and money being submitted, approved, paid, etc..

I think what they are attempting to do is keep their system or their responsibilities under control. I guess they figure if they stop people from submitting articles all the way up to the last minute they will not have to worry about them messing up their accounting. It makes perfect sense to me, and it is well within their rights to do what they want or make this work how they want it to.

The same applies for today as well. Friday was payday and the board was full all the way up to about 7pm (CST). Then the board was full again today. Sometimes the work does not return right after payments are sent out, it can take a while it seems sometimes. But the fact is that the work does return. I am hoping, for my sake at least, that the work continues to return after being taken down. I need the money and I am used to their way of doing things and the articles they need done.

Keep The Work Coming And We Will Keep Writing.

I have seen that a few people have signed up since I started mentioning London Brokers in these posts. If you are one of the people who recently joined, the work is there. You obviously joined for a reason, you want to make money. Well, it is available. All you have to do is write. Their criteria for article acceptance is not too stringent and if you pound out a few you can make some decent cash. I have made over $1,700 in the last year and a half with them, and that is no joke!

If you have any questions just ask, I am always willing to help. Otherwise start writing. I plan on doing so all night long.

If you need the link to join once more, here it is. Click here to sign up!

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have decided to comment, please remain civil and respect everyone's dignity and that of this blog. Thank you.