MyMenu1

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

New DBD Computer Services Site

Good Morning To All!

 

I just completed the workup on a new Computer Services site. The site is live as of now, but that does not mean there might not be some issues. Of course, I looked through and tested all that I could but as anyone who has done something like this before knows, the only way to truly iron out all the bugs is for it to go live under real circumstances. So I published the site live. Check it out --  DBD Computer Repair Services

In case anyone is questioning the decision to use Wix for the site creation, let me explain my reasoning here so that hopefully it does not come up again. One of the biggest questions one could ask is, if you are soliciting for business as a computer repair tech, or someone with advanced knowledge of computers, why use a site like Wix or anything like it to create your website? Why not create it yourself?

I have thought about this long and hard in the past and even asked myself the same question. The answer is relatively easy to be honest and it all comes down to time. I am a very busy man and what spare time i do have away from family and other duties is spent with my writing or here. The last thing I want to do is use that valuable time coding a website and going through all the various testing that is required to get something like that working flawlessly. Sure, it would probably look good and it is always the most customizable option to code it yourself.

Thing is, the site creation companies that exist now have gotten so much better than they have been in the past. The options that are available, even for free, are options that give me exactly what I need. So why spend the time and money doing it all myself when everything that I need is made readily available and for free.

So you see.. it was really a very easy decision to utilize Wix for my secondary site. So far it has worked out very well and I could not be happier. Now if I could just drum up some business everything would be grand! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have decided to comment, please remain civil and respect everyone's dignity and that of this blog. Thank you.