MyMenu1

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Conspiracies and Me

As a writer I try to avoid certain things. I try to avoid things that might cloud my mind depending on just what it is that I am trying to write. If for example, I need to remain objective about a particular subject I might avoid resources that are too overly biased. This is much in the same way that I might try to avoid reading the reviews of a new movie that I am going to see so as not to spoil my opinion, entertainment, or outlook. It is in this vein that I try to avoid getting wrapped up in conspiracy theories.

Of course I must admit, there are those who take these things extremely seriously and for them I almost feel sorry. I'm just not sure if anything in life is worth that much energy and struggle. Then there are the theories that in my opinion are just, well... funny. I mean they are funny in the sense of just pure craziness. The kind that make you want to stand up and exclaim, "who the hell, or what the hell gave you THAT idea!?" You know what I mean?

Like I said, I do what I can to stay away from these things. However, the other day my son brought up a couple things that kind of made me re-think that approach. My son is in 7th grade and is a very intelligent kid and a star athlete. So he is not the kind of kid who is apt to get involved in crazy ideas. But, thing is, I could tell by the way he was talking to me that he had put some thought into this and that he had also spent a good amount of time doing some research of his own. The topic? The American financial crisis, the reasons we have said crisis, our history of creating money from thin air (the debt and federal reserve system), along with, and I didn't think this belonged with the others but when you get past the initial shock you understand why it was, the book World War Z.

As much as I would have liked to just ignore all of this and hope that it would just go away I do not think I can. As a father and as an intellectual, I feel that I must at least try to educate my son in things that I had thought I wouldn't have to talk about until he was maybe in his twenties. Either way it is going to happen. The good part about it all is that with the extra research that I will undoubtedly have to do I should have some great material for an article or two or three. One thing that I definitely have on my list is to denounce this one fool who is on YouTube and claims World War Z is our governments secret manifesto to taking over society. I will have fun with that one.

Even though I sometimes say it too often, stay tuned. The upcoming material should be very interesting at the very least. And who knows, maybe when I start tearing into the YouTube fool (Alex Jones on the Alex Jones Channel) I might even decide to do it in video format. That might be fun. Trust me, I will keep everyone posted. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have decided to comment, please remain civil and respect everyone's dignity and that of this blog. Thank you.