MyMenu1

Saturday, November 23, 2013

New Submission of My Older Work

I am posting a new piece of my writing on the "My Writing" page. Something that I wrote a while back. I have decided that maybe it is time to start posting much of my older pieces here and there. At the very least it will keep more new content on the board.

Here is a copy of what can be found on that page. Enjoy.

How can any person put their ideas down in their chosen medium? He must first clear his head of his daily haunts. Everyone has internalized many of the issues that plague their lives, and for everyone it is very different. People struggle with money, with love, with relationships, and with the world around them. Everyone has a varied perception of the environment that surrounds them and how much they can interact with that environment.
 
"On and Off"

People look for a sanctuary. I myself find a quiet corner hidden away in my basement. Hiding from not only my wife and children but from the issues and problems that I myself struggle with. Eventually however they will find me. They will come searching because of something they are struggling with and I am their answer. I am their solution to their problem of the day or of the minute. The world is looking for me and the longer that I can stay hidden the more I can get done. It is a viscous cycle of on and off. Of left and right, and of broken and fixed. 

Day after day the same thing takes place. Eventually there is a break in the routine but it does not last for long and it always returns to the original cycle. When they are looking for me I will hide until I am found. Once I am I will be forced to deal with the world. But then, when they are not looking or paying close enough attention I will sneak off again. Back to my hiding place in the basement. 

They will soon find ways to draw me out. They will discover a way to make me come out so they no longer have to come and find me. I will come to them. Dinner. Food. A bathroom. All things that I will need and they know it. So they sit in ambush just waiting for me to arise into sight. Once there I am bombarded with questions and requests. I can only do so much. I am only one man. I only have 2 arms.

In time it will end. In time it will all go away because I have gone away. We all do it and we have all seen it. Eventually we will go the way that our parents have. It is the natural order. It cannot be helped or stopped. We must prepare and prepare those around us for the inevitable. When it happens you should not be afraid. We all knew it was coming and it was just a matter of time. You can take solace in one thing however. You have finally found peace and quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have decided to comment, please remain civil and respect everyone's dignity and that of this blog. Thank you.