MyMenu1

Monday, November 11, 2013

Thank A Soldier Today!!

Considering today is Veteran's Day I would not be me if I did not pay some sort of tribute to our nations soldiers past and present. So that being the case, let me say this:

It is because of our soldiers that we have the country that we do. It is because of our soldiers that we have the freedoms that we do. They have paid the ultimate sacrifice for people they do not know and will never meet. From the moment they sign their name on that form they are preparing to sacrifice everything for us. With all of my heart and everything that I am, I thank you. I thank you for what you have pledged to sacrifice and I thank you for all that you have sacrificed. Soldiers of the present and of the past. Those that have given their lives since before the beginning of this great country, for me and my family, I thank you!

Okay. Now that has been said I fee better. But this does bring up a question and therefore a reason for a short article/post. Have any of you noticed how the country's attitude towards soldiers has changed since the 9-11 tragedy? Think about it. Before that happened people just thought about soldiers as another person doing a job. Sure, they recognized that they are sacrificing everything, but there wasn't such a public outpouring of support and thanks. Things have changed.

It seems like no matter what the reason, when soldiers or the military comes up in conversation people are bursting with thanks and support. Not that it is a bad thing. No, I am happy that the general public has finally realized the amount that these people give up for us. But it just seems strange that before September 11th news anchors, public figures, and politicians alike did not give soldiers a second thought. But since then, since the war in Iraq, people regard soldiers as a higher class of citizen.

Now I don't know what caused this change, but I like it. I will admit thought that when some people give praise and thanks to the nations soldiers it sounds fake and it sounds forced. But at least they are praising those who deserve praise. I hope that soldiers truly get all the support and benefits that they deserve. They are struggling still to get the proper health benefits that they deserve and some of them are still struggling financially and even mentally. We should give them all the help that we can. If you know a soldier, shake their hand. If you see one that needs help, give it to them because without them, you would not enjoy the life that you have right now.

Thank You to America's Men and Women of the Armed Forces!


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have decided to comment, please remain civil and respect everyone's dignity and that of this blog. Thank you.