MyMenu1

Friday, June 14, 2013

Television Reviews and More....

Although it has never been something that I have written about for public consumption, I have thought about it over the last week. What I have decided was that it would be in my best interest as well as the best interest for the visitors of this blog for me to offer up some television show reviews and discussion. Not movies, television. Now I am more than well aware that there are  more of these sites than either of us can count. I am ok with that. I do not see them as my competition, and as a matter of fact I am not out here trying to compete with anyone.

A blog in it's simplest form is essentially a journal. A journal that is available to the public. This means that there is a substantial amount of personal opinion, wants and needs, and various other things that can be directly related back to the author. Over the last decade bogs have taken a bit of a different form. The lines between true website and a true blog have blurred. Today it is much harder to tell the difference between what is meant to be a blog and what is a website. So what is my point?

My point is that over the last year I have treated this blog, this piece of me in the public space, as a testing ground. I have treated it as a place for me to throw ideas around or as a placeholder for various projects that I have planned on completing. It has also been a place for which I can try and promote myself. To promote my writing or some of my short stories. All of these things never really panned out as I had initially hoped they would. That is all my fault of course. I would start something here that was actually a good idea and something that with the proper effort behind it could work. The problem was, is, that I have been entirely too busy to keep up with it due to my other obligations. In other words, trying to bring money into the household has taken precedence over what has been happening here. As well it should have.

Regardless, I still should have put some more effort into making this place a bit more dynamic. So, that is what I intend to do now. I will still be working on my writing projects that actually bring money in but I will manage my time much better so that I can put the required amount of time and effort in here. That is going to start with a new section devoted to television shows. I realized something as I was looking at some things and a couple potential job opening in various places. What I realized was that all of the things that I am interested in can all be basically placed under one sort of vague category.

So... I am not sure as of this moment exactly how the layout will be for this. For the time being I might just make a post here or there about these topics and organize them under an appropriate label. But eventually I will have this all separated organized nicely. I appreciate the patience and support that I have gotten from most of you over the last year and I hope that I can continue to bring at least a little bit of knowledge and information to you.

Thank you!

Tony
DBD

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have decided to comment, please remain civil and respect everyone's dignity and that of this blog. Thank you.