MyMenu1

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Keeping Everything Under Control

Again I have let more time than I wanted to go by since my last posting. I have been trying to get my other site, Looking For Earth moving. Over the last few months there has been little to no action at all. In a way, it could be said that my lack of commitment to the site is the reason why there is not much going on. I mean, in order for people to get on and read they first need something TO read. Right?

I find myself often in a chaotic mess. This is ironic actually coming from me. If you knew me on a personal level you would know that I am generally one of the most organized people you could meet. I have more things organized then is necessary. Yet, when it comes to the projects that I have on the computer I cannot seem to get my stuff together. Here I am again, complaining about my "mess" to all of you on this blog. Is this a cry for help? is this a way for me to force myself to do something about what is troubling me?

I have made it clear what this blog is for many times. The name that I have chosen for both my fledgling business project as well as my blog is Diverse By Design because I am handling a diverse set of projects. As a matter of fact, everything that I am doing of late is diverse. From the types of things that I write about to the variety of skills that I can employ during the day. Everything is diverse.

Yet again, I cannot keep everything in order. At the end of the week I have this overwhelming feeling that things are out of control. This feeling that I am missing something, forgetting something, or that I just neglected something all together. It sucks, plain and simple. It sucks.

I guess there is one good thing that has come out of this. The fact that I have now realized what is happening. I mean for a while there I would get that I forgot something feeling at the end of the week and I would have no clue why or what was going on. However, I now have it figured out and because of that I feel like I can fix things. And that is precisely what I am meaning to do. I have started making a list of various things that I am doing during the week as well as the things that I need to do. This way I will know at any point in time exactly what I am missing  if anything.

Being diverse in many ways is a huge advantage that I hold over my direct counterparts. At the same time it can be a curse because all of that diversity, if you cannot keep it under control and organized can be the death of you. Now that might be the case for others in this position but I have a plan. I have everything worked out and I have been taking some notes on the wide variety of things that I have been taking care of. This way I can remain consistent and consistency is the key. Between the two blogs, my freelance writing, and my computer repair work, I think I can keep it all organized now that I know what is going on and have a plan.

And just like Hannibal used to say in the A-Team:    "I love it when a plan comes together!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have decided to comment, please remain civil and respect everyone's dignity and that of this blog. Thank you.