MyMenu1

Monday, December 2, 2013

New, Better Writing Project

The sheer variety of ideas and topics that I have written about so far on this blog has eclipsed what I had imagined originally. This was not my first blog, but it was one that I had told myself I would dedicate time to. So far I have kept my promise, for the most part.

I recently stated that I would use the blog as a repository for my writing. Although I had not done this entirely how I had planned, I kept the idea in my head. A couple weeks ago I mentioned an idea that I had about a series that focused on two older gentlemen having weekly conversations. While I liked this idea then (and still do) I realized later that it was not a practical idea for me at this time. So I pushed this one aside for now.

The site itself can use a little work. There are multiple spots that I would like to restructure and then some that I would like to completely redesign. Of course I am limited in the fact that I am using the Blogger format, I can still do some things that I want. I just have to find the time to do them. So this brings me to my new idea, and this one I like for a couple reasons. This one is both practical for the time that I have right now and will also keep the blog active with new content way more often than before.

Using this site again as a repository for my writing, I will make this new project something that will keep my writing sharp, keep the site more active, and also give me an opportunity to create more pieces that have absolutely nothing to do with any of my ongoing projects, research, or work. In my opinion that type of writing will be fun to both write and read.

So what I am going to do is take prompts from a random source. Either from a small software program that spits out various prompts or from one of the many writing websites that run creative writing programs. If I end up doing the latter I will probably get a link or get that site involved with my little creative writing thing or join one of theirs and link my blog to it. We shall see which way it all turns out, but for now at least I have an idea of what I want to do and how it will work - generally.

Since it is Monday and I plan on doing one a week, I will say that by Friday end of day I will have the first story posted. Of course, all standard copyright rules will apply.

So until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have decided to comment, please remain civil and respect everyone's dignity and that of this blog. Thank you.