MyMenu1

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Ignorance - Part 1

Being that this is my first article on what will be an on-going series, I may have this one posted in multiple locations.

Ignorance is defined as the state or fact of being ignorant : lack of knowledge, education, or awareness. 

The very last word in the definition, awareness, this is what strikes me as the most common indicator of ignorance. In a way, ignorance can almost be seen as a thing. Although it is usually used as an adjective or a way to describe someone, I often see it as a state of being. Only because to me, most people seem to be lost in such a state.

We must be careful however when we are out to claim someone as being an ignorant person. The reason for this is because ignorance can be closely related to arrogance. These two traits share a prominent place in a persons psyche. You can often see one or the other on display in most any situation that require the individual to be either in charge of a situation or within a group of others while trying to stand out.

The problem with ignorance is that it is everywhere. I have a saying, and I use it quite often. The saying goes..

The entire world is filled with idiots and common sense is becoming increasingly rare.

I suppose it is more of a statement as opposed to a saying or a phrase to be quoted. But my point remains, and before you (or anyone else) jumps on board the let's bash Tony for being an arrogant fool himself, consider something first. When was the last time that you could talk to 5 strangers and have the majority of them exhibit more than one brain cell?



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have decided to comment, please remain civil and respect everyone's dignity and that of this blog. Thank you.