MyMenu1

Monday, February 4, 2013

When My New Year Starts

When does the new year start for you? Is it when the Ball drops in New York? Or maybe when you and your friends count-down the seconds at a party? No matter how you do it, there are millions of people out there who all have their own way of starting off the new year.

For me the new year does not start until after the Super Bowl. Once the big game has ended and we have crowned a victor, the next day - that following Monday is the first day of the new year for me. This is when I can safely say that the previous year has ended and I can start to move on with all of my projects, and other various "to-do lists" that are slated for the new year. In this case, 2013!

Of course everyone has their own ways to start the year. Superstitions, resolutions, bad or good omens, there are a myriad of ways for people to say it will be a good or a bad year for them and the world. I do not put much into these various "things" however I am not all that thrilled about the fact that I have lost my cell phone a few hours before the game. So I am starting off the new year on a sour note. Of course, I could always be the glass half full guy and say that this is not a lost phone, but rather an opportunity for me to upgrade to the phone I really want. I think I will choose to look at it that way. Then again.. it is going to suck going a couple days without a cell phone. Especially since we have all gotten so attached to them, me included.

So.. even though this has been done, and over-done about a month ago... I'm going to say it again because for me today is the first day of 2013...

HAPPY NEW YEAR

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have decided to comment, please remain civil and respect everyone's dignity and that of this blog. Thank you.