MyMenu1

Thursday, February 21, 2013

US Air Force Has Been In Space For Some Time

Well, I bet once the Space Shuttle was retired you thought that the government had nothing going on up there. To be honest, and I try my best to follow this stuff, I had no idea. Sure, I paid attention to the private space industry. I paid close attention. I watched videos of SpaceX and their Dragon vehicle and the Grasshopper rocket as well. But to find out that the US Air Force was flying basically a drone up into orbit to carry out specific missions in space.. wow. Shocker.

Take a look at the story on Space.com. It details some of the mission and vehicle details as well as a small feature with one of the mission operators.

Space.Com Story on the Air Force x-37


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have decided to comment, please remain civil and respect everyone's dignity and that of this blog. Thank you.