MyMenu1

Friday, February 1, 2013

Change

We all go through life in phases. We could call it whatever we want to call it, but no matter how you look at it our life is a collection of these phases. For some people these phases or changes take place because of something else happening in that persons life dictates it be so. For others these changes just seem to happen. Regardless of the how or the why the fact still remains that these life changes take place.

A long time ago my father (RIP) told me that every 7 years people go through some sort of change in life as he called it. At the time, as most kids do, I thought he was full of it and put what he said in the back of my mind. As I got older, got married, had children of my own and started examining what my life had become it was easy for me to see that my father was right.

Now of course this idea of a 7 year change is not something that is new or revolutionary. At the time that my father told me about this there was no Internet or anything. This was purely something in his head and something that he wanted to pass on to his son. Now that I look back on it as well as looking into the idea itself, it is easy for me to see that there is more to this than just some old folklore. Our bodies and our minds do certainly evolve throughout our lifetime and it just so happens that around every 7 years the cycle restarts.

So we all go through phases. We all experience life in a way that is personal to us. Either way these are all part of being who we are. I myself, I have gone through many changes and most recently I have started making changes that will improve my life. This is different from changes I have made in the past. I have finally realized that the things I am doing were basically taking years off of my life so I put a stop to them.

The biggest change that I have made is to have quit smoking. I have been a smoker for about 24 years and at no point during that time have I been able to quit for anything close to 24 hours. I have currently been smoke free for going on a month! In 3 days it will be 4 weeks. This is a change that I have made to improve my life and increase rather than decrease my lifespan.

So what is  the point of all this and why am I writing about it? The point is that we all make changes. It is natural for things within our lives to alter the path they are on. It is natural for us to change the way we do things so we can see a direct result of that change. In many cases people do not like change because it takes them away from what is comfortable. Change brings about work. Having to work in order to adjust to the way things have changed. I think it is safe to assume that most people are not too fond of having to work at something just because a change occurred and now the adjustment needs to be made in order to get "back on track".

Our lives are all about change. When we are born we change the way we breathe and eat almost immediately. As we grow we learn new things and we change in order to adjust to the new things that we have learned. Change is natural and the sooner we can understand the changes that are happening in our lives the sooner we can adjust and get on board. Life becomes easier after we have adjusted to a change. If something is not working we can make a change to correct it and bring it back to a functioning state of being. Change is what brings us closer to completion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have decided to comment, please remain civil and respect everyone's dignity and that of this blog. Thank you.